Female entrepreneurship is growing at a fast pace. Although globally the gap between women- and men-owned businesses is still high, female entrepreneurship is one of the fastest growing areas of the economy and you only need to search on line or flick through the pages of most business and lifestyle magazines to increasingly find female founders and female launched start-ups prominently featured. In the UK, for example, female businesses are still 20% of all businesses but according to some studies female millionaire business owners will rise to 53% by 2020!
If female entrepreneurship matters across all sectors of the economy, even more so in travel & tourism, a sector that is thriving and has historically attracted women. The benefits of female entrepreneurship are almost self- evident but if you need a reminder let us just mention 3:
- The possibility to do the things you love in a way that suits you
- Engaging with the economy while keeping a better balance between work and personal life (or at least writing your own rules of engagement!) and
- Finding greater meaning in the day to day, often marrying purpose and profit.
But what happens when you have a great idea and / or you have already launched your own business? How will you execute it or ensure it grows, develops, flourishes and you – as the female founder – with it?
Women in Travel CIC is here to help!
We have long supported up and coming female entrepreneurs with mentoring & coaching; advice & inspiration; insights & networking and this is what we do best!
- Please take a look at our many free inspirational events
- Decide whether you would benefit from one to one mentoring sessions
- Look out for announcements around soon-to-be-launched entrepreneurship programmes
- I was delighted to be involved in the 2016 Women in Travel session at WTM. I believe strongly in equality and equal opportunity and it is great to see such a positive and affirming event which recognises and celebrates success for women in the travel industry and hopefully gives inspiration to others who may feel that they need support or encouragement. Hearing success stories and a recognition that gender equality helps both females and males and needs to address issues for both sexes was valuable and instructive and a good springboard for future events and sessions. Keep up the great work!Giles HawkeCEO Cosmos, Avalon Waterway, Archers Holidays
- An inspirational conference in London as part of the World Travel Market. Expertly arranged by Alessandra Alonso, the passionate and heartfelt address of the women of the panel made me realise, that whatever the profession, women are having to deal with the same, gender related issues.Saskia ConstantinouCEO, Apollon Connection, Cyprus
- It was a great event Alessandra, BRAVO to you for organising it!Sarah TowleFounder, Time Travelers Tours
Entrepreneurship in Action
As a female founder or an aspiring entrepreneur there is no need to act alone or feel lonely as there are opportunities out there to make connections and engage with many others on different levels. It is up to us to ensure we stay connected and identify the most suitable ways as help is at hand!
- Women in Travel CIC runs free regular Women in Travel meetup sessions at leading travel trade fair World Travel Market (WTM) in London, Dubai and Cape Town.
- We also run other ad hoc sessions throughout the year in collaboration with industry partners – so stay in touch for the next chance to attend one of our inspiring events!
Our WTM sessions follow a tried and tested structure consisting in:
- A panel debate on entrepreneurship related topics (such as technology; funding; tips for success and the likes)
- An hour, pre-bookable group mentoring sessions with established entrepreneurs (females and males)
- Peer networking
These sessions are free as long as you register your attendance with World Travel Market.Click Here to see forthcoming sessions
Looking to discuss options further?
Feel free to get in touch with Women in Travel (CIC) by using the form below. We will aim to be in touch with you within 24 hours.