The Women in Travel – Multicultural programme launched in 2018 assists Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Women in the Travel and Tourism industry to fulfill their economic and individual potential through customised training and mentoring services aimed at fostering entrepreneurship and employment.
Our Community include Employers, Entrepreneurs, Creators and Career driven professional from a Multicultural background who want to build profitable, strategic, and growth-oriented businesses or careers. We are women focused but we recognise and encourage men to be a part of this community.
We provide a space and platform for women of colour to grow their networks, tap into resources, and share their unique skillsets amplifying their voices in the larger marketplace. Its a space that is inclusive of all women seeking to expand their footprint within the travel and tourism industry, especially for those who’ve felt marginalised or overlooked.
If you’re searching a dynamic and professional female led travel commumnity to engage with, you’ve come to the right place.
The Multicultural Corporate Membership
The core of Multicultural Programme is in addressing racial inequality as a societal, moral and business issue and have developed our corporate membership to engage with committed members to address shared challenges create tailored solutions to tackle Multicultural issues ranging from Allyship in the workplace, recruitment and retention, highlighting Multicultural talent in the industry and advising on how to attract and engage diverse travel audiences authentically.
We have highlighted 4 key strategic objectives to execute this mission over the next three years.
- Setting tangible targets to increase Multicultural representation in the travel and hospitality workplaces.
- Breaking the Multicultural glass ceiling by supporting Multicultural employees through mentorship and training.
- Raising the profile of existing Multicultural Women in Travel through ‘Breakthrough to Excellence’ spotlights and collaborative events.
- Establishing best practice guidelines, reports and training to galvanize change in matters such as allyship, diversifying travel marketing, ethnicity pay gaps and talent pipelines
Multicultural Women in Travel CIC is here to help!
We have long supported up and coming female entrepreneurs, and those seeking to join the travel industry with mentoring & coaching; advice & inspiration; insights & networking and this is what we do best!
- Please take a look at our inspirational PROGRAMMES
- Decide whether you would benefit from accessing our MENTORING SERVICES
- Get involved in the conversation on our Instagram channel
- I was delighted to be involved in the 2016 Women in Travel session at WTM. I believe strongly in equality and equal opportunity and it is great to see such a positive and affirming event which recognises and celebrates success for women in the travel industry and hopefully gives inspiration to others who may feel that they need support or encouragement. Hearing success stories and a recognition that gender equality helps both females and males and needs to address issues for both sexes was valuable and instructive and a good springboard for future events and sessions. Keep up the great work!Giles HawkeCEO Cosmos, Avalon Waterway, Archers Holidays
- An inspirational conference in London as part of the World Travel Market. Expertly arranged by Alessandra Alonso, the passionate and heartfelt address of the women of the panel made me realise, that whatever the profession, women are having to deal with the same, gender related issues.Saskia ConstantinouCEO, Apollon Connection, Cyprus
- It was a great event Alessandra, BRAVO to you for organising it!Sarah TowleFounder, Time Travelers Tours
Looking to discuss options further?
Feel free to get in touch with Multicultural Women in Travel (CIC) by using the form below. We will aim to be in touch with you within 24 hours.