Looking for talent?
Women in Travel cic partners with employers to provide all women – especially marginalised, vulnerable, and underrepresented – with visibility, confidence, access to training, mentoring and eventually employment and enterprising.
Travel, Tourism and Hospitality’s talent is becoming increasing scarce. For a long time, the industry has relied on foreign workers to take a large share of the available opportunities, but the situation is now changing rapidly and needs to be addressed through a more inclusive and more creative approach.
WE CAN HELP by providing access to a pool of skilled individuals from a diverse background who are eager to get back to work.
Working with us
As an employer you can
- Partner on our programmes, to provide help with training and mentoring candidates.
- Access our ‘hidden’ talent through customised open days, presentations, and workshops.
- Access our Job-Board (Newsletter and Socials) – circulated to an audience close to 10k in the Uk and internationally.
- Learn and engage your staff on the topic of diverse and inclusive talent
Contact us to discuss what is right for you and relevant fee
There are multiple benefits in working with our candidates:
- You will tap into an otherwise invisible pool, that cannot be accessed through your usual recruitment avenues.
- You will build your employer’s brand in the marketplace.
- You will foster a more inclusive workplace and greater engagement from your current staff.
And what is more you will receive our ‘Committed Employer’ logo!
How does it work?
Women in Travel works with a wide range of charities who refer women ready to work. Women self-refer as well – and often their friends too. These women may be out of work for a variety of reasons; personal challenges such as illness or elderly care might have made it difficult for them to hold a job. Others might have recently arrived in the UK. Whatever the reason, before introducing them to employers we will have met them and checked their suitability for work; many will have also been trained and supported depending on their needs.
Once referred, we train, mentor, and support the women providing confidence, upskilling and introductions to employers.
Our training is funded through any profits we make and reinvest into the mission; we also access available funding (EU/UK) whenever possible and of course, our volunteer mentors are also doing a fantastic job for us in providing their time and expertise to the individuals we support.
- We are pleased to be working with Women in Travel on their Women Returners programme, which supports the economic empowerment of marginalised women, by providing them with the training and the access needed to return to jobs in hospitality and tourism. Women traditionally sit at the heart of hospitality and we want to encourage those disengaged from the economy to consider a career in the sectorNadira LaljiOwner - Inhabit
- This is a great initiative that Digital Dialog is proud to support. As a niche marketing agency within the tourism and travel sector, recruitment has always been a challenge. The programme has the potential to give us access to not only untapped talent but also freshly motivated candidates which is a key ingredient for building a great team.Dipali KastiaClient Services Director at Digital Dialog
- The company is growing and with Brexit limiting the volume of foreign talent available to us we must now tap into a more diverse pool. Alessandra’s programme comes just at the right time and we are sure it will more than pay for itself.Christina LawfordCEO of DiamondAir
- A fantastic initiative - it helps women get back into employment and gives us a recruitment resource we value highly - a clear win win!Serena von der HeydePartner, Georgian House Hotel
- As a fast-growing start-up, at UnderTheDoormat, we are continuously looking for new additions to our team. We are excited to work with Alessandra on her programme as it’s a great way to support talented women and help them shape a better future. With hospitality in our DNA it is a great opportunity to welcome new women into our industry.Merilee KarrFounder and CEO of UnderTheDoormat
- At MTR Crossrail we recognise the importance of engaging a diverse workforce, reflective of the communities we serve. We offer high quality and sustainable job opportunities with a particular focus on attracting workless candidates. Supporting the women returners in Travel Tourism and Hospitality is a fantastic opportunity for MTR Crossrail to achieve this by engaging with and supporting women in London back into employment.Paul SinieckiStrategic Labour Needs & Training Manager at MTR Crossrail
Reasons Employers Participate
- Access otherwise unavailable talent that has been pre-screened and carefully selected.
- Display good citizenship by recruiting talented women otherwise invisible and lost to the economy.
- Access a customised, value for money service.
- Engage one’s employees by investing in a worthwhile venture.
- Engage with customers: retain and expand customer base/build loyalty.
- Innovate, by looking at own products through a CSR lens and by bringing diverse talent.
Looking to discuss options further?
Feel free to get in touch with Women in Travel (CIC) by using the form below. We will aim to be in touch with you within 24 hours.